How did your production skills develop throughout this project?
For question #3 I am choosing to incorporate a creative format intentionally. I'm striving to present this question with question #4 as a interview reflection, where I respond as the producer and director of the project. I'm sure that this choice allows me to show my personality while still being structure and organized.
To begin this reflection, I'll be explaining my planning stage. At the start of my project my ideas were way less specific and more ideal. After researching different genre conventions and carefully analyzing thriller title sequences I began to focus and learn more about mise-en-scene, shot composition, and pacing. By creating my storyboard and script, it helped me visualize how meaning would be conveyed throughout framing instead of a lack of dialouge.
While producing my opening, I had faced challenges with lighting that was inconsistent and shot variation. Some scenes had relied more heavily on medium shots, which made these shots look similar and visually flat. After reviewing my footage, I realized that I needed more strong visual contrast, so I incorporated more close ups to highlight the emotion and long shots to reinforce isolation. By adjusting this I demonstrated how my understanding of the cinematography was developed throughout the filming process.
This project made me improve my editing skills significantly compared to the start of the school year. My sound project I did previously helped me understand how to layer sounds, which made me already know how to do that when balancing diegetic sound with subtle background atmosphere. Also, I became to be more confident to use pacing conveying tension through cutting techniques.
Toward the end, I noticed a shift in how I approach filming. I shifted from simply just filming scenes to carefully, constructing meaning through media language. My growth would be demonstrated visually in mmy CCR by including early drafts compared to my final product, showing my journey.
No comments:
Post a Comment