Monday, March 9, 2026

Production of CCRS

For my Creative Critical Reflections, I showed you that I created two digital media products instead of just producing a talking head reflection. I wanted my reflections to show my technical skill, personality, creativity, and my knowledge about media terminolgy while responding thoroughly to all of the four compulsory questions. My main goal in creating this was the make sure the CCRs maintained the intentionality and meaning as my film opening Cadence.

PLANNING

From the start I always knew I wanted my ideas to mirror the theme and tone of my film. While Cadence focuses more on mental intensity and emotional pain, I formatted my CCRs in structures that would feel more cinematic rather than being boring and casual.

I chose:
- Director Commentary Slideshow for Questions 1 and 2
- Structured Interview Reflection for Questions 3 and 4

I wrote the full script way before recording to avoid general responses that the rubric did not want. This script guided me to incorporate certain media terms such as:

- mise en scene
- cross cutting
- diegetic sound
- enigma codes
- representation

Production of Director Commentary

For this reflection, I recorded a voice over layered over:
- clips from cadence
- screenshots from certain blogs
- genre analysis notes
- definitions of genre conventions

genre analysis notes that i incorporated:



I structured this slideshow to match and mirror with the pacing of my film visually which is, slow transitions, clear shot choices, and clear text.

When I discusses genre conventions, I referenced my research from:
- The Fault in Our Stars
- A Star is Born
- Se7en

These films influenced my idea to utilize close ups, psychological interactions, and emotional realism. When I had mentioned a technique I made sure that the clip that was playing, visually supported my analysis.

Production of Interview Reflection

For my second idea, I had filmed a structured interview, which means I had the questions pre-planned, where I acted as the director and my family member acted as the interviewer. This format has allowed me to express my personality while still having an academic depth to it.

To avoid a still, boring presentation, I incorporated:
- Cutaways to early drafts
- Behind the scenes footage
- Screen recording of my editing on Clipchamp

example of my behind the scenes and other clips i didn't end up putting in:



This evidence has improved my explanation of how my prodcution skills has advanced overtime, shown visually. 

Overall, during the production of my reflections, I focused on:

- Clear audio 
- Responses from script
- Stable framing of video
- Editing
- Proof of my claims

All of this has ensured that my reflection turned out to be analytical, creative, and strong. 

heres me planning my script:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Links to CCR and Film Opening

 Below are all the final links to my film opening and CCRs. Film Opening: Cadence https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WqIZu7cnNcr1J7FlpdJ-ia9DI...