The editing of my CCRs was a major factor in ensuring that my reflections were engaging and not a boring informational video. The app I edited on was Clipchamp that helped me to layer my visuals, transitions, and text in a way that also matched my intensity of Cadence.
In my Director Commentary Slideshow, I:
- Layered voiceover of my visual clips
- Inserted screenshots pulled from my research of relevant moments
- Used smooth fades ins/outs to maintain pacing
- Added overlays of texts when I defined vocab terms
For example, when I was discussing cross cutting, I placed the running sequence and garage breakdown side by side to demonstrate how the tension in these scenes were constructed.
When I was discussing diegetic sound, I had inserted audio clips of Leo's heavy breathing and foley shoe impacts to illustrate the realism.
VISUAL ENGAGEMENT
To avoid a dull format, I made sure:
- My graphics were big enough to be read and simple
- Text remained on the screen long enough to be read and understood
- Clips were trimmed to highlight specific techniques
- Techniques matched tone and theme of film
In the Interview Reflection, I utilized jump cuts to maintain the pace in an intentional way. Also, added subtle, simple background music to prevent the silence and maintain professionalism.
TECHNICAL ADJUSTMENTS
During editing, I had corrected:
- Brightness inconsistencies
- Audio imbalances between the background noise and voiceover
- Clip timing to avoid the explanations being rushed into
heres my lighting for my garage scenes:
This process has improved my knowledge of how editing shapes the whole meaning behind my film. I came to a realization that pacing in a reflection is just as important as pacing in a film opening.
Post production made my CCRS from an informational video to a polished digital media products that expressed my analysis creatively.
heres my editing process so far on my questions 1 and 2 ccr:
No comments:
Post a Comment